If you are currently under the probation supervision of a court, you will need a Los Angeles Probation Violation Lawyer. We are the top ranked Los Angeles Probation Violation Attorney as well as Beverly Hills Probation Violation Attorney.
A judge may place an individual on probation for a variety of reasons. Probation is generally used as a way to achieve a number of sentencing goals, such as rehabilitation, reformation, or community protection. Probation violations occur when the terms and conditions of probation are not upheld as required.
If you are facing allegations of probation violation, contact the Law Offices of Payam Y. Poursalimi today to schedule a consultation and find out how we can help as your Beverly Hills Probation Violation Lawyer. Our firm has one of the highest success rates of any defense firm in the area, thanks to our tenacity in the courtroom and extensive experience with a wide variety of criminal matters.
The California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation has outlined a number of common probation violation charges, including:
- A failure to pay fines or restitution as ordered
- A failure to report to a probation officer
- A failure to complete court-ordered community service
- A failure to attend recommended treatment sessions
- A failure to maintain employment
- A failure to avoid association with a group or individual that has criminal ties
- A failure to avoid all unlawful activity
- A failure to avoid illegal drug use, or to refrain from committing new offenses with a drug addiction
- A failure to attend Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) meetings
- A failure to submit to an alcohol or drug test as required
- A failure to avoid contact with someone who is ordered to have no contact with you
- A failure to avoid possession of a firearm
- A failure to disclose your new address to the court
A probation violation can be a very serious matter, even leading to a prison sentence. The right lawyer is important to defending yourself when you are accused of a probation violation. Law Offices of Payam Y. Poursalimi believes that every person accused of a crime deserves his or her day in court and a fair trial.
If you are facing allegations of probation violation, contact Los Angeles Probation Violation Attorney Payam Y. Poursalimi today to schedule a consultation and find out how we can help as your Los Angeles Probation Violation Lawyer. Our firm has one of the highest success rates of any defense firm in the area, thanks to our tenacity in the courtroom and extensive experience with a wide variety of criminal matters.
If you are accused of violating probation, the police or probation officer may arrest you. If you are arrested, you will go before a judge for a hearing. The judge will consider the alleged violations, your criminal history, and other factors in deciding your fate.
The judge has the power to decide whether or not you should remain on probation. A judge may choose to continue your probationary status, with or without modifications. The judge may also choose to revoke your probation entirely, and send you to prison.
The judge may also decide that you are not violating probation, and dismiss the allegations.
We pride ourselves in being one of the top Probation Violation Lawyers in Los Angeles and the top Probation Violation Lawyer in Beverly Hills.